We care about your privacy.
INSTITUT MARQUÈS OBSTETRICIA I GINECOLOGIA, S.L.P. (hereinafter referred to collectively and without distinction as “IM”, “we”, “our” or “us”), is a leading international centre for Gynaecology, Obstetrics and Assisted Reproduction. With a team of nearly two hundred professionals, we offer personalized care based on a close relationship between the doctor and the patient. All specialists coordinate with each other to offer couples a service that combines the latest technology with the most advanced methods of diagnosis and treatment.
IM covers all areas of gynaecology and obstetrics: from adolescence to menopause, through pregnancy and childbirth, the analysis and prevention of any possible gynaecological disorder or the diagnosis and treatment of infertility.
We place great importance on the privacy of individuals, both visitors to our website embryoadoptionstories.com/ (hereinafter, the “Website”) and any others who provide information to us through the Website, whose data are processed by IM as part of the provision of services (hereinafter referred to collectively as “you” or “the user” and in plural as “the users”). In this regard, IM undertakes to process your data in accordance with the applicable personal data protection regulations applicable at any time. Specifically, IM will comply with the provisions of the applicable Spanish law, as well as the REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) and any other related implementing regulations in force at any time.
In any case, the user is solely responsible for the information provided on the website and if in the future IM wishes to use it for purposes other than those referred to above, it will inform the user of these new purposes and will seek his/her consent, if necessary.
1. Who is the data controller?
Contact details of the data controller: INSTITUT MARQUÈS OBSTETRICIA I GINECOLOGIA, S.L.P., with VAT NO. (CIF) B-62187323 and registered office in Avda. Diagonal, 662-664, 08034 Barcelona and contact email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. What are the data protection rights of users?
Users may exercise the following rights:
- Right to request access to personal data: you may ask IM if it is processing your data, and if so, access them.
- Right to request rectification if the data are inaccurate or complete the data that it is incomplete.
- Right to request deletion of your data.
- Right to request restriction of processing: in this case we will only retain them for the exercise or defence of claims.
- Right to object to processing: IM will no longer process personal data, with the exception that they must continue to be processed for legitimate reasons or for the exercise or defence of possible claimsight to object to processing: IM will no longer process personal data, with the exception that they must continue to be processed for legitimate reasons or for the exercise or defence of possible claims.
- Right to data portability: in the event that the user wishes his/her data to be processed by another data controller, IM will facilitate the transfer of his/her data to the new data controller.
- Right not to be subject to a decision based solely on the automated processing of your personal data.
If you have given your consent for a specific purpose, you may withdraw it at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on your prior consent before its withdrawal.
In whichever case, at the time the user exercises their right of deletion, all personal data linked to your account, as well as the information and content included in your profile will be deleted. In addition, if the user exercises the right to delete data necessary for IM to provide services from the website, IM will be obliged to end its relationship with the user, and will proceed to deactivate the account, with the user having no right of complaint.
3. How to make a claim at the Agencia Española de Protección de Datos (Spanish Data Protection Agency)?
You can use the templates and forms concerning the rights referred to in the previous point addressing them to the official page of the Spanish Data Protection Agency (http://www.agpd.es/portalwebAGPD/CanalDelCiudadano/ejercicio_derechos/index-ides-idphp.php).
Complaint to the Supervisory Authority: If you consider that IM is manipulating your personal data inappropriately, you can direct your complaint to the DPO of IM or the relevant Supervisory Authority. In Spain the claim must be addressed to the Agencia Española de Protección de Datos.
4. In what ways do we collect personal data from you and what kind of data is it?
If you decide to provide us with your personal data, IM may use the data included in any of the forms that you complete or the data that you submit to us via the various email accounts that IM puts at your disposal to contact us.
This data is processed when you interact with IM and its representatives; when you participate or request that you be considered to participate in activities related to IM, such as provision of services or online surveys about our services or activities; when you interact with the website when you are asked to provide personal data, as described in this Privacy and Cookies Policy; when you register on the website or use certain features without registering, such as participating in our interactive services.
Personal data that our website obtains from your computer or electronic device:
- Cookies, only for embryoadoptionstories.com.
5. How do we use personal data of the users?
IM communicates to those users to whom it applies, that the personal data that they provide to us and we store shall be identified in the Register of Processing Activities belonging to IM, which is used for the purpose of:
- To arrange a first visit.
- Queries on your particular case.
- Provide your testimony.
- Consultations on financing our services.
- Request an appointment.
- To provide our services, in accordance with the Legal Notice, if applicable, that are established between IM and each of the users.
- Respond to queries or requests for information that users may make.
- In the event that the user checks the appropriate box for such purposes, we will keep him/her informed by sending notifications/newsletters by email and/or other electronic means, the content of which will mainly address our services, activities, projects, updates and new features of the website.
- The use or provision of services, if any, after registration of the user, in accordance with the general conditions for Use of the Website and the specific conditions of certain services.
- To customize and improve the tools and functionalities of the Website, as well as to guarantee its technical operation.
- Use them for any other purpose required or permitted by the applicable law or for which you have given your consent.
6. Why do we process your personal data?
IM may process your personal data on any of the following legal bases: (A) legitimate business purposes; (B) when you have given your consent; (C) when it is necessary to comply with IM’s legal and regulatory obligations and (D) as necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party.
7. Who will be able to access your personal data?
Depending on the purposes for which personal information is collected, it may be accessed by the following individuals, without distinction:
- Authorised personnel of IM or its representatives acting in the name of IM, subject to the applicable data protection laws.
- Regulatory authorities or other third parties in compliance with the applicable laws.
- Third parties (service providers that process information as data processing contractors, as instructed by IM). However, only after carrying out due diligence to ensure that we could share the information in compliance with the applicable data protection laws.
- If you have requested information on the financing of our services, these may be transferred to financial institutions to review your request.
- We do not sell, nor disclose to third parties any information or personal data that you have submitted on our website and may directly or indirectly identify you.
8. Where is your personal data processed?
IM does not transfer personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). If such transfers were to take place, IM would carry out the transfer in accordance with the applicable data protection laws. Regardless of the place where your personal data is collected and treated, IM supervises and ensures that the service providers maintain the appropriate administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your information.
For more information on the use of contract templates by IM, contact us on email@example.com.
9. How do we protect your personal data?
IM maintains the security levels of data protection required by current legislation and other applicable regulations, and has implemented all the technical means at its disposal to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorized access and theft of data provided by the user through the Website.
In any event, IM will take appropriate technical and organizational measures, both when designing the data processing system and at the time of processing, to maintain security and prevent unauthorized processing. However, despite the diligent implementation of such measures, the user should be aware that Internet security measures are not impregnable.
10. How long will we keep your personal data?
The criteria we follow is driven by:
- The purpose of the collected data and achieving the stated aim.
- The reasons why data is collected: e.g. for consent, you may revoke your consent at any moment.
- Obligatory storage periods according to the contractual and legislative requirements.
In some cases, IM is obliged to keep some data about you.
The staff who work at IM and have any kind of involvement in the services provided to the user, undertake not to disclose or make use of the information they have accessed. The information provided by the user shall in any case be considered confidential and may not be used for any other purpose than those related to attending to your requests and IM’s contracted services, where appropriate. Therefore, we commit ourselves to neither divulge nor disclose information about the intentions of the user, the reasons for the consultation requested or the duration of the relationship with the user.
12. Social networks
IM is present on some of the main social networks on the Internet, and acts as data controller for the data published by IM.
IM will process the data in each social network according to the rules established for this purpose by each social network. Therefore, and until otherwise stated from IM we can inform our followers on the respective social network of our activities, events, and other related topics, including follower service, through the channels provided by the social network for this purpose.
IM will not extract personal data from social networks, unless the user gives his/her express consent.
13. Special category of personal data
We will not collect nor process any user’s personal data relating to health data, race or ethnic origin, genetic data, biometric data for the sole purpose of identifying a natural person, sex life or sexual orientation, unless the users explicitly provide it. We will not collect nor process other personal data included in the special category referring to information related to political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature and trade union membership.
14. Child use policy
This website is not designed nor directed to children under the age of eighteen (18), without parental or legal guardian permission. In this regard, we do not knowingly collect information from such individuals. However, if the parents or legal representatives consider that their children have provided us with personal data, without their consent, please contact us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. Direct marketing
We will not use user’s personal data for direct marketing purposes without their express prior consent.
If at any time you decide to stop receiving commercial or promotional information from IM you can, without charge and without having to provide any reason, unsubscribe from direct marketing campaigns and oppose the future processing of your personal data for these purposes by sending us an email to email@example.com or by using the “opt-out” (unsubscribe) option in the subject line of the email. You can also use the unsubscribe procedure provided in any promotional message you receive from IM.
However, even if you decide not to subscribe or unsubscribe from promotional emails or newsletters, we may continue to contact you regarding important non-commercial information, such as solutions to problems, error detection and prevention or, in general, to comply with the Legal Notice and/or Terms and Conditions of the website.
16. Automated decision making
We do not carry out automated decision-making processes, including profiling, unless you have explicitly authorised us to do so. In that case, we would inform you about the logic used in the decision and the meaning and expected consequences of such processing to you.
17. Links to other websites
Date of last update: May 2018.